We are a local independent specialist agency that strives to give our clients the benefits of our wealth of property knowledge and experience through excellent advice, honesty and integrity. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are on hand to guide you through the renting and residential property management process from start to finish to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. With over 35 years of combined experience to call upon our skilled team are here to look after your every need. Their aim is to let out your property for the best possible price, whilst also providing a great customer experience for you as a client and also to potential buyers and tenants.
At Sanderson Green LLP we offer you a no-obligation, factual and accurate appraisal of the current rental value of your property. Our experienced, professionally qualified property valuer will provide you with a valuation based not only on their in-depth knowledge of the local market, but also using our extensive database of recently let properties in the area. The valuation we quote will be well researched and realistic to minimise void periods.
Unlike other agents we will over-promise in an attempt to win your business and then under deliver.We are trained professionals and experienced in creating the right atmosphere to have the best chance of getting an offer for your property. We are specialists in the letting of quality residential property and offer a first-class service for all types of landlords from individuals with one or two properties to landlords with large multiple property portfolios. Flexible, accompanied viewings, to maximise the viewing opportunities for your property. We can carry out viewings in the evenings and at weekends in order to fit in without clients and tenants' busy lives.
Our simple objective is to ensure that letting property is trouble-free and that landlords avoid the pitfalls. Our advice covers topics such as tenant selection, legal requirements, rent collection, insurance, fire and safety regulations, termination, deposit administration, lease renewal, property maintenance and dilapidations. In addition, it clearly explains in detail the various services that we are able to offer with associated charges.
In summary, these are as follows:
- Full Management Service
As we are a firm of Chartered Surveyors we have the experience, expertise and resources to fully manage the property so you have peace of mind. We would be fully responsible for the management of the property in every respect (unless in the unlikely scenario that the property is unoccupied for two months or more between tenants) during our period of instruction within the monthly charge. The only exclusions are the serving of legal notices and overseeing refurbishment or improvement works to the property. This agreement would also be terminated by either party on 28 days’ notice in writing after an initially agreed term.
For this comprehensive service, we charge a percentage of the rent collected plus vat on the rent received to:
- Collect the rent via our clients’ accounts and credit it (less deductions and fees) on a monthly basis to your nominated bank or building society account by electronic transfer, provided the tenant’s payment has been cleared through our clients account and as soon as administratively possible and normally within 10 workings and provide you with a monthly statement by email and/or post.
- If you go to live abroad we will ensure that you receive the appropriate form to comply with the Overseas Landlord Scheme and we will prepare the quarterly and annual returns on your behalf and submit them to the Inland Revenue.
- Use best endeavors to collect any arrears as soon as possible, although we cannot be held liable for those arrears. Insurance cover to cover loss of rent is available if required.
- Carry out formal external and internal property inspections twice in the first six months and then six monthly thereafter, with a subsequent written report to you. We also organize on your behalf the necessary annual gas check (if applicable) and periodic electrical check using approved contractors, the costs deducted from the rents received.
- Handle all reported repairs and maintenance to the interior and exterior using either your preferred local contractors or contractors we would recommend. We will always make our very best endeavors to liaise closely with you in that respect. In order to deal with issues quickly and efficiently, we reserve the right to instruct contractors to carry out minor, essential repairs up to a maximum agreed cost, which would then be deducted from the next rental payment. We would only spend the money in the event that the repair in question was your legal obligation.
Prompt attention to these repairs helps to keep good relations with your tenant and in turn helps to keep tenants longer thus cutting down voids and re-letting costs, both costing you money. If you have preferred contractors we will use them, but you must let us know who they are. In the event of an emergency, we would have to reserve the right to organise a suitable contractor from our approved list who would be suitably experienced and hold the proper insurances to carry out the work to your property. If emergency works are required to remedy a health and safety or gas safety issue, such works will be treated as a priority, and the invoiced costs of the works will be taken out of the next rental payment. All attempts will be made to inform you of the situation prior to the instruction of contractors so that you are aware of the likely cost.
- Let Only/Tenant Find Service
This service will suit landlords who prefer to manage the property but require the tenancy to be set up correctly and the property marketed to ensure maximum tenant enquiries.